We work to reduce the risk of hip and other osteoporotic fractures by:
- Identifying at-risk patients in appropriate acute, primary care, long-term care and community settings to facilitate their access to appropriate diagnostic testing, fracture risk assessment, and osteoporosis care.
- Working with primary care practitioners, to set up pro-active screening, referral pathways, and risk assessment processes within their practice to reduce the risk of fractures.
- Develop and promote clinical and residential assessment tools and protocols for Long Term care and other primary care settings.
Patient Education &
Our objective is to improve understanding and management of fracture risk for patients as well as their family and informal care providers. We do this by:
- Providing and improving access to educational materials and self-management tools and resources for patients and caregivers.
- Enhancing community referral partnerships for community-based support services for osteoporosis.